Private Pilot Licence
Private Helicopter Pilot Licence - PPL (H)
A PPL allows you to fly your friends and family around in an helicopter anywhere in Australia.
Main Requirements for a Private Licence
- Minimum 40 hours practical training
- 1 theory exam covering all 7 subjects (conducted at our Townsville base)
- Flight test with testing officer
- Class 2 medical
- Aviation Security Identification Card
Approximate Total Cost = $31,000 based on minimum hours flown in an R22
Private Licence Theory
To obtain a private helicopter licence, you must pass a 3 1/2 hour theory exam. This exam contains questions from the following subjects:
- Human Factors
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Operations Performance and Planning
- Air Law
There are two main options for you when it comes to studying the theory aspect of your licence:
- If you are lucky enough to be the kind of person who is self-motivated, then self-study may suit you. We can organise study materials for you.
- Alternatively, you may be more suited to learning in a classroom situation. This option will allow you to be able to learn in a classroom type atmosphere. We offer on-site private theory support where you can study in a classroom environment and have all information needed on-site also with the support of our experienced instructors for questions and white board briefings to help you understand. PPL courses are run 'as needed'. Any upcoming theory course dates can be found here.